Best Electric Nail Gun for Trim – Reviews & Buying Guide
What we need is a powerful and easy tool at home. It may sound far-fetched, but the answer is electric nail guns. It is difficult to name any task in construction that doesn’t require nails. We now do a lot of heavy-duty works at home, and so, an effective tool is an essential household item. So, it’s time to replace our hammers and mallets. The best electric nail gun for trim is a great alternative to the traditional noisy and fuel-run ones.
They will help to reduce a lot of physical labor and are also very fast and efficient. Whether you are a daily user or a professional, these nail guns are suitable for everyone’s needs.
- Types of Electric Nail Guns
- 6 Best Electric Nail Gun for Trim Reviews
- How to Choose the Best Electric Nail Gun for Trim
- Final Verdict
Types of Electric Nail Guns
Electric nail guns are mainly two types, corded and cordless. Corded ones plug into 110/120-volt outlets and the cordless ones run with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Most nailers at present are cordless, as they are more effective and easier to use.
Cordless Electric Nail Gun
These nail guns are powered with lithium-ion batteries. Most products have batteries included and these are rechargeable. Cordless guns allow flexibility for spaces and also last a long time. the only problem is that they stop functioning when the batteries die. Extra batteries can be bought separately. These are reliable and usually lightweight to handle for heavy-duty work on hard surfaces. Some cordless guns don’t run by batteries. Others are driven by fuel from a disposable gas cartridge. An electric charge is created to drive nails from the ignition compartment.
Ignition may occur by a spark from the battery while operating. But there are safety settings to prevent any harm. Also, there is no need for an air compressor. They use less power and very easy to use. So, beginners may try these.
Corded Electric Nail Gun
This is the traditional nail gun that runs on electricity. These are more powerful than the cordless ones but are less mobile for the length of the cables. But they can be used endlessly without the worry to charge the gun. These can be used for household works, and put nails such as staples and brads, depending on the electricity supply. Due to their limitations, these are only useful for small-scale works. They also don’t need air compressors.
Pneumatic Nail Gun
These need air compressors to operate. They are very effective for heavy-duty and large-scale tasks both at home and in professional works. However, like corded ones, these have the limitation of movement. The air compressors are usually bought separately, but some brands may include them in the package. These are guns are also slow to start. The hosepipe may become inconvenient if the right connectors aren’t used.
Brad Nail Guns
These are the latest in the market and quite popular. They are a great alternative to electric or pneumatic guns. For DIYers or beginners, these can’t go wrong! These are used to attach the lightweight trim as they have thinner gauge nails. Also, there is no need to cover the holes caused by the nailing. They are mostly lightweight and safe to use. There won’t be any issues of splitting or breaking pieces of trim. These guns will allow a clean and effective task to be done.
However, if you are to buy one, there are so many factors to keep in mind. Although there are a vast number of nail guns in the market, not are suitable for everyone. So, certain features need to be considered before making a new purchase. This will help to get the best and right tool for one’s use.
6 Best Electric Nail Gun for Trim Reviews
So, in this article, we have provided some of the best electric nail guns for trim. We have kept in mind customer’s accessibility and the dependable choices to make the list.
01. CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer
This a rigid and reliable nailer for household uses. The various attractive features include no cords, no hoses, and cartridges, and a nailer that runs with a rechargeable battery. One can fire up to 400 nails using this product. It is also designed with comfort in mind with a contoured over-molded handle.
Different sizes of nails can be fired with no troubles with the quarter turn. To further help the user, the nail has a dual LED work light. It points out if the battery is running out or if the tool has stalled. This is a very fun tool to work with all the necessary features for regular use.
- Power Source & Type: It is cordless and runs by a 20V 2Ah lithium battery
- Firing Methods: It drives by a sequential trigger
- Nail Type & Loading Capacity: It is a brad nailer and has a magazine capacity of 100 nails
- Easy Handling: Tool-free design and consistent firing in different climates ease the use
- Safety: The trigger lock-off switch and over-molded handle provide safety
- Warranty: It has a 3-year limited warranty
- Weight & Size: It weighs 5.3 pounds and has a dimension of 13.37 x 4.49 x 11.49 inches
02. PORTER-CABLE Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
This is a highly recommended product by many users. It is battery operated offers consistent firing power. Other settings include a jam and stall release, cordless, a depth adjustment, and a dual-LED light.
It is suitable to use in furniture, installing trim, or crown molding. This is a very useful tool to repair any household item with a nail in no time. It is also perfect for a beginner’s tool.
- Power Source & Type: It is battery-powered with a 1.5 Ah 20V Lithium-ion battery
- Firing Methods: It has a sequential firing method
- Nail Type & Loading Capacity: It is a cordless, brad nailer and has a magazine capacity of 100 nails
- Easy Handling: There is a depth adjustment wheel for ease of use
- Safety: No-mar tip and a safety switch are provided to protect the user
- Warranty: It has a 3-year warranty
- Weight & Size: It weighs 5.9 pounds and is 13.88 x 5 x 12 inches in dimension
03. BHTOP Cordless Nailer & Stapler- 2 in 1
This nailer is more widely used for its dual function. Also, it is cordless, compatible with various materials, and runs by a battery. Other features include a dual mode toggle switch, adjustment nailing depth, LED lighting for visibility, and convenient design.
It also has features to solve jamming problems. Overall, a very useful tool for home purposes with incredible uses.
- Power Source & Type: It runs by a rechargeable 2 Ah lithium-ion battery
- Firing Methods: It has a single and contacts firing knob
- Nail Type & Loading Capacity: It is a cordless brad nailer with a capacity of 100-nails/staples per minute
- Easy Handling: The nail adjustment wheel and viewer window make the tool easy to use
- Safety: No air compressors, safety switch, and non-slip rubber handle make the tool safe
- Warranty: There is no mention of any specific warranty
- Weight & Size: It weighs 10.69 pounds and has a dimension of 16.14 x 13.54 x 4.57 inches
04. BOSTITCH Brad Nailer
This is an 18 gauge Pneumatic 2-inch Brad nailer that is designed solely for your convenience. It will provide a depth guide to set the nails accurately in the right depth. Also, it has a tool-free adjustable exhaust cap to remove exhaust, with a no-mar tip for protection.
One can easily use this tool in their household for common trims like cabinets, paneling, staircases, and many others. Overall, a very easy tool to suit the user’s needs.
- Power Source & Type: It has a pneumatic power source
- Firing Methods: It is operated by a selectable trigger system
- Nail Type & Loading Capacity: It is a 2-inch brad nailer with a magazine capacity of 110
- Easy Handling: It is very easy to use with a depth adjustment
- Safety: No-mar tip helps in the safety of the user
- Warranty: It has a 7-year limited warranty
- Weight & Size: It weighs 2.9 pounds and is 12.25 x 10.32 x 3.19 inches in dimension
05. WEN Pneumatic Brad Nailer
This is an incredible product that is liked by many users. This nailer is very convenient to work for a large number of nails. It has sturdy built to last a long time. There are no issues with jamming for the nose latch.
It is a whole package with a depth adjustment wheel, no-mar tip, a nail gauge, lubricating oil, a rotating exhaust, and two hex keys. Since this can be used for heavy works, it is no doubt a professional’s tool.
- Power Source & Type: It has a pneumatic power source
- Firing Methods: It drives with an air compressor
- Nail Type & Loading Capacity: It is a brad nailer with a 100 - nail capacity magazine
- Easy Handling: Depth adjustment and nose-latch ease the use
- Safety: No-mar tip and safety glasses ensure safety
- Warranty: It has a 2-year warranty
- Weight & Size: It weighs 2.7 pounds and has a 10 x 8.25 x 2.75 inches dimension
06. DEWALT Brad Nailer Kit
This product is for house dwellers to suit their needs. It is powerful, versatile, and a reliable tool. It is corded, has a depth controller, and a choice of a bump. The nailing is done with little effort and without any trouble. Professionals can also use this effectively for various projects.
It removes any contaminants with a maintenance-free motor and an exhaust. Overall, this is a necessary tool for the house with a firm and comfortable grip.
- Power Source & Type: It is pneumatic and runs by a 20V lithium-ion battery
- Firing Methods: It drives with a sequential style trigger
- Nail Type & Loading Capacity: It is a brad nailer with a capacity of 100-nails
- Easy Handling: Maintenance-free motor, tool-free depth adjustment, and jam release make the tool convenient
- Safety: Rear exhaust and no-mar tip help with safety
- Warranty: It has a warranty of 3-years
- Weight & Size: It weighs 4.8 pounds and has a dimension: 13 x 3.7 x 13.1 inches
How to Choose the Best Electric Nail Gun for Trim
The wide range of nail guns available may confuse you in choosing the right one. Also, it is important to consider other features before getting one. So, check the characteristics of a nail gun to see if it suits your needs.
Material and Durability
Firstly, the tool needs to be sturdy. Material durability enhances the quality of the nailer, which also depends on the manufacturing process. Usually, these are expensive but long-lasting. For a brad nailer, an adjustable exhaust is needed to remove debris. Also, a rubber handle is good for a firm grip that is also durable. Durable materials are an inseparable part of a good quality brad nailer. So, to purchase a sturdy nailer, the body coating and the handle need to be made of proper and quality material.
Size and Weight
These nail guns are available in various sizes and weights for customer convenience. A bulky product won’t productively work, reducing comfort and causing fatigue. For heavy work, it is better to choose a lightweight and smaller gun. Also, smaller guns will reach narrow spaces. So, the size needs to be chosen according to the type of intended work. Larger ones are used to attach trim, while smaller ones can be used for delicate work.
On the other hand, nail sizes also vary depending on different gauges. A narrow and longer nailer will be helpful for household work for lightweight to place the nails accurately. The available sizes are 15-gauge, 16- gauge, 18- gauge, 23- gauge, etc. Gauges follow the rule of the number, that is the bigger number has the smaller pin. The best nail gun is the one with a good power source and comfortable in all ways to use.
For professionals, a pneumatic nail gun is the best choice that has high power for heavy nailing tasks. Cordless ones that are more mobile are useful for those who look for portable options. This is also helpful for DIYers and beginners. Also, portable ones are compact and lightweight. Brad nailers are also a good option for house tasks.
The power requirements depend on the type of task. Pneumatic nail guns have the maximum power for any long and heavy tasks. But these need air compressors to provide the power to run. The electric ones are more popular nowadays. The corded ones get direct power from any outlet, while the cordless ones usually run by a battery. The less popular ones are those that are gas-powered, that need gas and oil to run, which might be a good way to save electricity.
It is essential to buy any electric item that is backed up by a warranty card. However, the best brands will always provide a warranty or the promise to provide support in any troubles. So, before purchasing you can check websites for warranty policies and go through the conditions to claim one.
If you want an electric gun that can be stored, then look for those that provide additional accessories like a belt hook for storage. Also, the size and weight should be proportional to ensure the nail gun can be stored without trouble. Some nail guns are suitable to specific climate conditions in which these can be stored.
Electric nail guns are safe tools due to their latest designs, but you can still check for additional safety options. Adjustable exhaust ports make the guns safe and comfortable by directing the exhaust away from the face. Also, some brands provide safety goggles for eye protection. Nowadays, some nail guns have in-built safety settings. A trigger guard ensures that the nailer doesn’t fire nails in case of a jam. Most nail guns have safety features, but if one doesn’t have any of these, then you can always take safety measures on your own.
This is as simple as it can be, purchase the one that suits your budget. however, the price should still meet its worth and value. To get a fair price, a comparison of different products can be checked with different price ranges. But it is recommended to invest in a good price nail gun for long-term use. Usually, cheaper ones are short-lived. However, check the price of products and look for cheaper alternatives that have the same functionality. For beginners, it is better to get a cheap one to get started and then look for better quality tools.
Type of Magazine
The magazine size and type are also important factors to consider and demand attention. There are two types of magazines. The coil magazines have a coil of nail strips stacked for flexibility. You will get a good store of nails and so, requires a smaller number of reloading nails. However, these are pricy. Then there are the nail stack type ones that are less usable due to stack arrangement. So, this needs frequent reloading but is cheaper. The best thing to do is to get a nail gun that offers multiple stacks that are budget-friendly.
It is a good idea to get a nail gun that will be consistent in firing nails. This will save the hassle of manually adjusting each nail. So, dozens of nails can be stored and used at the same time.
The depth adjustment wheel is the latest addition to most nailers, usually the high-end ones. This feature eases the work by allowing to set the exact depth for the nailing task. The nailing is accurate and more time and effort are saved. Tool-free jam release help to solve jamming problems. LED light that is in-built helps with visibility. Pay attention to triggers to ensure that they are functional and convenient. All these features are optional but there is no doubt that these are very helpful features to look for in a nail gun for efficiency.
We hope that now you have all the information necessary for purchasing the best electric nail gun for trim. You can understand how these tools are a good investment and a useful item for the household. Buying any electric item always need care and thorough knowledge so that the money spent becomes worth it.
Also, these tools are supposed to last a long time. So, get a nail gun that suits your needs well following our buying guide, and the one that will provide maximum output. We wish for you to get your desired product!