The bicycle has become a convenient medium of commuting nowadays. It can beat traffics, offers you physical activities, and, most importantly, doesn’t leave any carbon footprint. But you can’t go a long way using the usual pedal bikes unless you are in good shape. An electric bike can be an excellent option for you. Powered by electricity, they offer effortless rides, extensive range, and comfortable riding with convenient riding style. Today we will introduce you to some of the best electric bike under 500, which you can select to enjoy decent rides and long-term performance.
Choosing an electric bike can be time-consuming as there are a lot of models available in the market from different manufacturers. Below, we will let you know some best e-bikes which come at an affordable price with quality features. We will also offer you an in-depth and easy buying guide to understand which bike is perfect for you.
- Best Electric Bike Under 500 Reviews
- 01. Eahora X3 350W Folding Electric Bicycle
- 02. ANCHEER 500W/250W Electric Bike
- 03. SwagCycle EB-5 Pro Lightweight Folding EBike
- 04. ANCHEER Folding Electric Bike
- 05. Emdaot 26” Electric Mountain Bike
- 06. Shaofu Folding Electric Bicycle
- 07. EmioCycles Dual Power E-Bike
- 08. Goplus Folding Electric Bike 350W Lightweight E-Bike
- 09. Merax 26” Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike
- Things to Consider While Buying an Electric Bike Under 500
- Frequently Asked Question about Electric Bikes (FAQ)
- Final Verdict
Best Electric Bike Under 500 Reviews
The below mentioned best electric bike under 500 has been chosen based on our in-depth and careful research considering various features and aspects of the bike. We have considered the bike motor, battery, frame construction, etc. as well as previous customer reviews while choosing the bike. Check the detailed reviews of the bikes below.
01. Eahora X3 350W Folding Electric Bicycle
The Eahora X3 350w folding electric bike has everything you need in a new folding electronic bike. It has a removable battery, powerful dual disc brakes, three mood power assist, and a powerful brushless motor with 18-21 MPH top speed, which makes every trip exciting, smooth, comfortable. The makers made this bike frame using aluminum alloy, which provides a safe, secure, and comfortable ride. This bike fits perfectly for riders of 4.9- 5.9 feet height.
- Body/frame design: This electric hybrid bicycle is made with artificial mechanics aluminum alloy frame. Tires capacity of eahora x3 is14” F/R Air-Filled. The body is designed with led headlights and 45-55mm suspension front fork.
- Motor and battery: This bike has a removable battery. 350W brushless motor provides sufficient power for you to reach 18mph in the pure electric mode. It has a dual disc brake.
- Gearing and suspension: This bike has different types of suspensions, such as- seat suspension and front suspension fork. For brushless gearing, you would love to use it.
- Range & speed: People love to use it because it has three different modes. Eco(20-21MPH), Pas(18-20MPH), and sport(34-34MPH) – these three modes make your ride enjoyable. You can travel fast with a speed of 20mph with its 350brushless motor. It jump-starts within 4.9s, top speed at 22MPH.
- Brakes: This bike has a mechanical dual disc brake with a horn, which allows the bike to stop quickly and remind pedestrians when passing.
- Load capacity and product weight: It weights net approximately 45.6 lbs (20.7kg). Max load around 200ibs.Folding Size: 30.7*21.3*30.3Inch.
- Easy and Smooth rides: The seat of this bike is made of breathable leather and soft memory foam fillings. This gives the rider a comfortable feeling, just like the couch of your choice where you can sit all day.
- Comes with 350 watts of powerful, efficient brushless motor.The battery has an intelligent protection system, which prevents over-voltage, overheating, and overcharging.
- Comes with LED front light and tail light, which ensures a safe ride at night.
- Has a durable aluminum alloy frame and lockable suspension fork.
- Adjustable seat and handlebars.
- This bike takes some time to charge.
This bike is the best electric bike under 500 dollars, which is comfortable and easy to use. The bike has a maximum load capacity of 90 kg. It is ideal for riders 15+ years old. This bike is right for you if you want this type of bike at an affordable price.
02. ANCHEER 500W/250W Electric Bike
The ANCHEER electric bike is by far the best electric bike under 500. It is a stylish bike that is made of the best quality materials. The sturdy combination of the bike is ensured with the carbon steel alloy and the aluminum handlebar. These provide you with maximum adaptability in any terrain. Furthermore, the 21-speed transmission gear allows you to change the speed at will. It maintains your safety by the dual disc brakes and an LED light in the front for traveling at night. The adjustable seat and handlebar make it perfect for any size. This is an all-rounder bike that we all dream about.
- Body/Frame design:The fork of this awesome bike is made of carbon steel, while the handlebar is made of aluminum. The combination of these materials makes up its sturdy body that can retain itself in any terrain.
- Motor & battery:The bike comes with an electric motor with a removable battery and a charge port system. It can be charged on and off the frame easily. The 250W high-speed gear motor can assist you to ride your mountain bike at top speed.
- Gearing & suspension:The front and rear 21-speed gear increase the climbing power of the bike as well as its adaptability to greater terrain. The range variation of the bike is also increased further.
- Range & speed:The mileage range of this bike is between 25 to 50 km, which boosts up with the 21- speed transmission. The 250W battery causes the top speed of the bike to shoot up to 15mph.
- Brakes:The bike is assisted with dual disc brakes on the front and back of the bike. It is reliable for its all-weather stopping power.
- Load capacity & Product weight:The mountain bike itself being 50lbs has the ability to carry 330lbs easily. The sturdy construction of the bike provides it with the ability to carry heavy weights with ease.
- Easy and smooth ride:The adjustable seat and aluminum alloy handlebar ensure you a comfortable ride at all times. On the other hand, the dual disc brakes maintain your safety as you travel at top speed.
- The bike is quite lightweight yet sturdy.
- It features a 250W powerful motor.
- You can swap between 3 cycling modes. For best results, try out 2 modes together.
- The electric bike ensures your safety first by its amazing brakes, horns, and LED light for traveling at night.
- It comes with a 21-speed transmission system for range variability.
- The bike might be a bit heavy for some customers.
If you are looking for a bike at an inexpensive rate having the best quality construction and style, then this bike will be the best for you. The bike has excellent adaptability to any terrain and incredible climbing power. For the cherry on top, it also comes with an amazing speed limit.
03. SwagCycle EB-5 Pro Lightweight Folding EBike
|Model/Code||EB-5 Pro / Folding|
|Motor||250W Hub Motor|
|Charge Time||4 to 5 hours|
|Battery||36V Lithium Ion Battery|
|Load Capacity||15.5 miles on a single charge|
|Stopping Power||when needed|
The SwagCycle EB-5 Pro Lightweight and Aluminum Folding EBike with Pedals is a nicely designed electric bike that comes with a compact and lightweight frame construction. As the electric components and battery are hidden under the frame, it looks like a usual bicycle. The bike is equipped with an adjustable seat and handlebar. That means it can suit riders of different heights and ages comfortably. The foldable bike can be easily carried or stored in a car trunk with other things.
The SwagCycle EB-5 Pro EBike is equipped with a powerful battery and motor equipment to offer you decent riding experience. It takes only 4 to 5 hours to charge the battery fully, and you can ride up to 15.5 miles on every full charge. The bike can go at a maximum of 15 MPH speed without pedaling. If you pedal while the motor is on, you can produce up to 20MPH speed. It comes fully factory assembled and ready to ride.
- Compact and lightweight design; offer long-term performance.
- Adjustable seat and handlebar;
- Better mileage (up to 15.5 miles), less charging time (4 to 5 hours).
- Comes as preassembled.
- Foldable frame design; easily portable.
- Fat tires for smooth and easier rides. perfect for teen and adult riders.
- Comes with a fixed battery, not replaceable.
- Hard to pedal drive without charge.
Though the SwagCycle EB-5 Pro EBike is available at a reasonable price, it comes with quality materials and a long-lasting battery to offer you satisfactory performance in the long-term. It weighs only 16.8kg, which makes it is easy to transport and allows riding comfortably by pedaling. Such a variety of features make it one of the best electric bike under 500. The nicely designed and adequately optimized e-bike with glossy black finish can be a great companion for day to day commutes.
04. ANCHEER Folding Electric Bike
|Battery||36V 8Ah Lithium-Ion battery|
|Frame||Aluminum alloy frame|
|Load capacity||300 lbs|
|Meter||LED 3-speed smart meter button|
The ANCHEER Folding Electric Bike another impressive electric bike that is available at an affordable price. The bike is equipped with an aluminum alloy frame with a single front tube construction. Such constructions make the bike lightweight and durable for long-term uses. It also includes a high-strength carbon steel front fork, which reduces the shock from bumpy roads and ensures proper comfort. The fork, along with the double-layered magnesium alloy wheels, can offer you a decent and smooth ride on unforgiving terrains.
The ANCHEER Folding Electric Bike is equipped with 250W powerful motor, which lets the motor go as fast as 15.5 mph. However, as the bike can be operated at two modes (e-bike and assisted mode), the speed of the bike will depend on the modes you choose. It includes a 36V 8Ah Lithium-Ion battery, which can offer you a long-lasting service without any issues. The battery is also removable and replaceable. One thing we loved about the bike is it is straightforward to pedal and ride even when the power is switched off.
- High-quality and lightweight steel frame construction.
- The frame is collapsible for easier storage and transports.
- Long mileage; 15 miles – 30miles per charge.
- Easy and powerful dual disc brakes for safe speed control.
- Easy to pedal on flat roads without power.
- Removable and replaceable battery.
- The bike is a little bit heavy when compared with other e-bikes.
- Takes a little extra time for a full charge.
If you are searching for decent mountain bikes, then the ANCHEER Folding Electric Bike can be an excellent companion for you. It has a quality steel frame construction, powerful dual disc brakes, and offer you a long mileage to enjoy adventurous rides on decent mountain terrains. Besides, you can also ride it on the flat roads with or without the battery power. It has a quality suspension system, and optimized wheels ensure smooth rides at both flat and bumpy terrains. With such incredible characteristics, and advantages the bike can be a perfect pick within a limited budget.
05. Emdaot 26” Electric Mountain Bike
|MPH||25-50km/40KM ( Electric) – 55Kms (PAS)|
|Battery||Lithium battery: 36V 8AH|
The Emdaot 26” Electric Mountain Bike comes with high-quality aluminum alloy frame construction with a glossy black finish. The bike equips aluminum alloy double-walled rims, which are designed for offering long-term performance and climbing the rough mountain terrains at a faster speed. It includes a high strength front suspension fork, which can take your riding comfort to the next level by absorbing the shocks from bumpy mountain trails. It also includes adjustable seat, ergonomic handlebar, anti-slip, and wear-resistant tires to ensure you adventurous decent rides.
The Emdaot 26” Electric Mountain Bike has a powerful 250W stable motor to go at a maximum speed of 15mph with a range of 15-30 miles. It also includes a 36V 8AH lithium-Ion removable battery, which is long-lasting and replaceable. The bike has three modes, including E-bike & Assisted bicycle & Normal bike, so that you can ride conveniently according to your preferences. It has 21 speed Shimano gear components for easier and adaptable rides on rough mountains. For precise and safe speed control, it has front and rear mechanical disc brakes. It also includes a bright LED headlamp for night rides.
- Beautiful and mountain terrain adaptable design.
- Lightweight and durable aluminum alloy frame and fork.
- Large-capacity lithium battery with a powerful motor.
- Three different riding modes for convenient rides.
- Dual disc mechanical brake for reliable and secure stops.
- Include headlamp for night rides.
- Precise Shimano 21-speed transmission system for easier rides.
- The seat could be more comfortable.
The Emdaot 26” Electric Mountain Bike, with its optimized construction, can offer you a decent riding experience on rough mountain trails. The bikes include features like double wall wheel, 21 gear mechanism, mechanical brake, which are very adaptable to the rocky terrains to ensure proper comfort and easiness. The easily foldable and low weight bike can be easily stored or transported conveniently as per your need. It includes a one-year warranty for the electric motor, battery, and charger, which means you can enjoy worry-free rides.
06. Shaofu Folding Electric Bicycle
|Model / Code||B083HLTMX4 / Folding|
|Speed / MPH||25km|
|Charge Time||less than 3 hours|
|Grade ability||Waterproof range|
The Shaofu Folding Electric Bicycle comes with a variety of quality and innovative features to offer you an outstanding performance. It is equipped with an aluminum alloy frame, double layer aluminum alloy wheel, which makes the bike extremely lightweight and portable. The entire bike weighs only 12kg, which allows you to carry it anywhere, including upstairs effortlessly. As the frame is collapsible, you can also store it conveniently in the corner of your garage or car trunk. It is also waterproof, allowing you to ride in rainy seasons.
The Shaofu Folding Electric Bicycle is equipped with a 350W powerful motor, which can allow you to go as fast as 25km/h. It includes a 36v lithium battery, which takes less than 3 hours to charge fully. The impressive thing about the bike it can be connected with the bike application on your smartphone using Bluetooth. You can lock the bike as well as track speed, record mileage and riding duration utilizing the app. The bike also features rear disc brake, front headlight, braking tale light to ensure rider’s safety while commuting in a busy road.
- Innovative and lightweight dolphin-shaped frame.
- Requires only three hours for a full charge.
- Connectible with smartphones using Bluetooth technology.
- The motor can be locked from your smartphone for security.
- Collapsible design; weighs only 12kg for easier storage and transport.
- Powerful rear disc brake and lights for precise control and safety.
- Don’t include any pedals.Small riding range.
- The package doesn’t include any user manual.
The Shaofu Folding Electric Bicycle is one of the most innovative e-bikes available currently, which is available at an affordable price. It includes a variety of smart characteristics, which can make your ride much relaxing and easier. It also equips various quality components such as powerful brake, headlights, brake lights to ensure your safety while riding on the roads with other vehicles. If you are seeking an e-bike at a low budget with premium features, then the Shaofu Folding Electric Bicycle can be a no brainer for you.
07. EmioCycles Dual Power E-Bike
|Model / Code||B07G8R6LS5|
|Motor||Lower Watt (|
|Per Charge||15-21 miles|
|Battery||36V/5.8 Ah Lithium LG battery|
|Bike Weight||40 lbs|
|Load Capacity||242 lbs|
The EmioCycles Dual Power E-Bike is comparatively a new product in the market, but it comes with a beautiful fresh design. The entire bike components starting from the frame to the wheel, everything comes in a glossy black finish, which makes it one of the coolest bikes in the market currently. You can also use it as a regular bike with included built-in pedal. The overall weight of the e-bike is only 40lbs, and it can carry up to 242 lbs. of loads. It is also foldable for easier storage and transportation as per your needs.
The EmioCycles Dual Power E-Bike is equipped with a powerful 36V/5.8 Ah Lithium LG battery. You can go up to 15 miles to 21 miles on every full charge. It has a powerful motor, which can allow you to go at 15MPH, which is the average riding speed for most of the e-bike. The bike includes a dual disc brake so that you can control the speed of the bike precisely as per your needs. It also features an accurate speed sensor.
- Gorgeous and optimized design for commuting with style.
- Includes quality pedal for using as a regular bike.
- It can go 15 miles to 21 miles on every full charge.
- Lithium LG battery offers long-lasting performance.
- Disc brakes for precise speed control.
- Built-in speed sensor.
- The seat is not adjustable.
- Don’t include headlight or backlight.
The EmioCycles Dual Power E-Bike is one of the most delicate products on our list. It includes decent features and offers you a long mileage to enhance your commutes. Besides, the robust LG battery can provide you reliable performance for a long time. The price of the e-bike is also lower than the others on our list. With all the decent features and the astonishing sleek design, the bike can be a perfect suit for your daily commutes.
08. Goplus Folding Electric Bike 350W Lightweight E-Bike
|Model / Code||B07K26FCF2 / Folding|
|Charge Time||3-4 hours|
The Goplus Folding Electric Bike 350W Lightweight E-Bike arrives with a stylish premium design, which will amaze you for sure. The design of the bike is also optimized to reduce the possibility of accidents. It has an upright and well-positioned seat and handlebar to offer you a relaxing riding position. It also has a smart app, which you can download on your smartphone and connect with the cycle to check various information. You can adjust bike speed, know controller temperature, lock/unlock the bike from the app.
The bike is equipped with a powerful motor and Lithium-ion battery to ensure smooth performance on the roads. You can go at a maximum speed of 19MPH, which is very rare in this price range. The bike also features a unique CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM that keeps the speed constant to resist driving fatigue and decrease unnecessary speed variation. It includes a 12-inch shock-absorbent rear rubber tire, which provides better traction and smoother the rides. The IP54 Water-resistant bike can be a perfect all-season bike for anybody.
- Optimized design to reduce the possibility of accidents.
- Foldable construction for easier storage and portability.
- Include a smart app to check and control various features.
- Cruise control system to ride for easier control.
- Include front headlight and a braking tail light for better safety.
- Shock-absorbent tires for smooth riding experience.
- Small mileage length.
- Not perform well on unpaved roads.
- There are some issues with the app.
The Goplus Folding Electric Bike 350W Lightweight E-Bike can be a perfect choice for anyone who wants to enjoy smooth and safe rides on the city roads. The bike offers an upright and relaxing seating position at a constant speed with the cruise control system. Besides, the app of the bike also feature-rich and offer different functionalities for easier rides. The gorgeous and stylish bike can be a perfect companion for you to fast commutes and leisurely rides.
09. Merax 26” Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike
|Motor||350W High Speed Motor|
|Battery||36V 8.8 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery|
|Charge Time||5 – 6 hours / 22-28 miles|
|Panel||LED Digital Panel|
|Weight Capacity||250 lbs|
Merax is a well-known brand for manufacturing quality and long-lasting mountain e-bike. The Merax 26” Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike is one of the best products from the manufacturer. One thing we loved about the bike is it comes with powerful and versatile features when compared with the other e-bikes in this price range. Its equipped with a strong 350W High-Speed Motor, which can let you go at a peak speed of 32km/h. We didn’t find any other bikes that offer such highspeed in this price range. It also provides you an extensive range, around 22 – 28 miles per charge.
The Merax 26” Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike is equipped with 26” Aluminum Alloy Frame and sturdy suspension fork for smooth rides on rough terrains. It includes Shimano 7 speed gear along with top of the line disc brakes to ensure you a reliable shifting as well as secure control. The bike has two modes allowing you to ride with or without battery power. You can change the speed as well as turn headlight on/off from the digital LED panel.
- Durable and lightweight aluminum alloy frame with a beautiful glossy finish.
- Fastest speed up to 32km/h with 22 – 28 miles range per charge.
- Front suspension for smooth rides on rough terrains.
- Shimano 7 speed gear for reliable speed shifting.
- Top of the line dual disc brakes for precise and quick speed control.
- Grips and seat are a little uncomfortable
The average speed of the e-bikes available in the market is not more than 24km/h. But, the Merax 26” Aluminum Electric Mountain Bike can let you go up to 32km/h. Only a few premium e-bikes can offer you such speeds. The versatile features of the bike can let you drive it smoothly both in bumpy mountain roads as well as in the flat city roads. It can be a perfect companion of anyone both for adventurous rides and day to day commutes.
Things to Consider While Buying an Electric Bike Under 500
Choosing an electric bike is not as easy as selecting the usual bikes. There is a range of features that you need to consider thoroughly to understand whether the bike is perfect for you or not. Below, we discussed the top considerations that you should make while picking an electric bike.
It doesn’t matter whether you are purchasing a usual bike or an electric bike, you must consider the frame construction in the first place. It is more critical for the e-bikes as they require dealing with higher speed (much force). Typically, most of the standard e-bike comes with either aluminum alloy frame or steel frame construction. The steel frames are durable, but they are very weighty and hard to ride without battery power. Besides, they are also hard to transport. Another issue about the steel frame is they can get rust within a few years.
The aluminum frame construction is better as they are durable as well as lightweight at the same time. Bikes with aluminum construction are easy to ride as well as don’t straightforwardly portable. Some of the premium e-bikes also equip carbon fiber frames which are stronger and lighter than both aluminum and steel frame. However, they come with a vast price tag. If you are buying an e-bike under $500, we will recommend you to go for an aluminum alloy frame.
Ebike can come with different types of motors, including hub and mid-drive motors. Usually, these motors have a power measurement like 250watts, 350watts, 500watts, 1000watts, etc. more or less. The higher the watt is, the much powerful the motor will. While choosing the bike motor, you should consider your usual paths of riding. If you are going the bike mostly on flat city roads, then go for less powerful hub drive motors, which can offer you quiet and smooth performance.
If you are going to ride the bike in rough mountain terrains mostly, then you should go for a much powerful mid-drive motor, which can produce adequate power for climbing upwards. Also, consider the rider weight as well as whether or not you will carry cargos on the bike.
The performance of an e-bike mostly depends on its battery. Electric bikes can come with different types of cells, depending on the price and types of bikes. However, most of the e-bike comes with a lithium-ion battery, which offers decent performance and available at an affordable price. They are also compact and less bulky when compared with the other cells used in electric bikes. Make sure that the bike you are choosing includes a powerful battery that can offer long mileage as well as long-lasting performance.
While choosing a bike, make sure that it requires less time, preferably three or four hours to charge. However, you can reduce the charging duration by investing for a fast charger. Also, try to choose an electric bike with a removable battery so that you can replace it when it wears out. The battery should be fixed in a case to keep way dust and water.
The mileage range defines how much you can go with the bike on every full charge. Electronic bikes can come with different mileage ranges. So, it is a good idea to estimate your daily commute distance to find the perfect bike mileage for you. If you require commuting a small range like 20 to 30 kilometers, then a bike with 22 to 30 mileage will be enough.
One thing you should know about the e-bike range is you will hardly get the manufacturer advertised range. It can vary depending on the rider weight, cargo, weight, terrain types, brakes, winds, speed, and many more things. So, instead of taking the manufacturer’s advertised range as fixed, you better determine the bike mileage from your own.
Electronic bike speed varies depending on the model. The lighter e-bikes can offer you up to 20 mph, while the high-powered models can offer up to 28 mph. If you are buying an e-bike for commuting purposes, then you should consider this factor carefully. As you may want to commute faster to your destination, you should go for a bike that offers your higher speed. Besides, high-speed is also necessary for mountain biking so that you can easily climb rough mountain terrains.
The speed of the e-bikes is fixed in some regions. So, be assured about the fact before you finally buy the bike.
Most of the e-bike available on the market lets you load a vast amount of weight without any issues. The maximum load of the e-bikes varies from 150 lbs. to 250 lbs. which means most people can comfortably ride them without any problems. However, it is good to give a check to the specification of the bike before purchasing it to be assured about the maximum weight. Try to go for a bike with a bigger weight capacity so that you can carry things easily if required.
The electric bikes are available in both single-speed and multiple gears. If you are going to ride the bike for commuting on flat roads, then you should go for the single-speed e-bikes. The single-speed or fixed gear is effortless to use, makes the bike lightweight, and free from the hassle of adjusting.
If you are picking a mountain e-bike, then you should go for a bike which arrives with gears so that you can enjoy easier rides on rough terrains. Make sure that the bike includes efficient features for convenient and smooth gear shifting.
The suspension system of the bike can absorb shocks and vibration from the road and make the rides smooth and comfortable for you. It aids you most while riding through the bumpy mountain terrains. Usually, most of the e-bike comes with a front suspension fork. While choosing a bike, try to go for a bike with an aluminum alloy suspension system, which is lightweight and offer you long-term performance.
There can be two types of brake in the electric bike, which are mechanical and disc brake. Both of the models have their own advantages and disadvantages. The mechanical brake produces adequate power to stop the bike. They are also easy to use and has a minimal maintenance cost. However, they require frequent adjustment. Besides, the disc brake produces stronger force to stop the bike quickly. They are self-adjusting. Hence, they don’t require periodic modification like mechanical brakes. However, they are costly to replace.
The electric bike usually includes a display or console, which shows you important riding data such as real-time speed, available battery life, and much more. Some of the bikes even allow changing bike speed, turning lights on/off with the display panel. Try to choose a bike with an upright display, which lets you control multiple features of the bike easily.
The electric bike seat should be comfortable and perfect for long rides. Besides, the seat should be adjustable so that it can easily suit different riders. However, we will advise you not to stress much over the seat as they are easily replaceable. So, if you find a decent bike but the seat is not that good, you can go for it. You can purchase a suitable seat and replace the default one with it.
If you often require carrying the bike from one place to another, then you must consider portability. Most of the electric bikes come under a weight of 40lbs. which means you can easily carry them whether you want. Besides, try to go for a foldable bike, which will be much easier to carry. You can store the foldable bikes easily in the corner of your house or the trunk of your car with other equipment.
As the electric bike is mostly used in the roads with other vehicles, you need to make sure that the bike comes with enough safety features to ensure your security in the road. The electric bike should be equipped with proper braking mechanism, bell, headlight, and tail light, etc. so that you can enjoy secure rides at any condition. Besides, the bike should include a proper locking mechanism so that you can be tension free about it while leaving it in the garage or parking lot.
Frequently Asked Question about Electric Bikes (FAQ)
Here are some of the most asked questions (FAQ) about the electric bikes.
How fast can the electric bike go?
It mostly depends on the model you are choosing. Depending on the battery and motor’s strength, the electric bike can offer you up to 20MPH. However, if the bike includes pedal assist mode, then you may go as fast as 28MPH. In throttle mode, 20MPH is the legal limit for electric bikes in most of the states.
How many miles can you get on an electric bike?
The mileage of an electric bike mostly depends on its battery. It also relies on whether you are using pedal-assist or just throttle for riding. Usually, the range of e-bikes varies around 25 miles to 35 miles mostly. However, you can increase the mileage up to 50 miles if you pedal with the throttle. The mileage also varies depending on the terrains, winds, weather conditions, etc. and other factors.
Should I buy a bike with a mid-drive motor or hub-motor?
Both of the motors have their own advantages and disadvantages. Hub motors are usually less powerful and a perfect choice for commuting as they operate quietly. They are also easy to operate for beginner riders. Besides, the mid-drive motor is ideal for driving rough terrains and mountains as they are much aggressive and produce enormous power.
How long does it take to charge an e-bike battery?
It takes around 3.5 to 6 hours for the lithium-ion electric bike batteries to be fully charged. However, you may charge a bike batter faster as most of the time, as there will be a partial charge on the battery. You can also decrease the charging duration by using a fast charger, which you will require buying externally.
How many charges can I get out of a battery?
As most of the electric bike is equipped with a lithium-ion battery, you will get around 500 to 1000 full charges from them depending on the quality. The lithium-ion battery has no memory effect; hence, it can hold up to 80% of battery charge in the long-term. If you use pedal assist mostly, then you can enjoy a decent performance from the battery for a couple of years without replacing.
Choosing an electric bike may be tricky, but it should be easier after reading the above piece of writing. With our in-depth buying guide and reviews, now you should be able to choose an electric bike easily as per your requirements. All the e-bikes mentioned in the article come with quality and sturdy features to offer you decent performance for a long time without any issues. They also resemble beautiful and sleek designs for suiting with your riding style. You can go for any of the mentioned bikes without any further hesitation.